Festival and Parade Management and Production
The planning and execution capabilities of Event Management Group's experienced, talented and dedicated professionals presents a proven team of experts in festival and parade management and production.
Event Management Group (EMG), guided by a common sense approach, coupled with relentless attention to detail, provides a management product that has achieved a great deal of success with regular dependability.
The services EMG provides are extensive and include: financial forecasting and management; development and implementation of local and national sponsorship programs; development and implementation of marketing and public relations programs; booking, management and coordination of multiple continuous performance stages with a main stage featuring nationally recognized entertainers; development and operation of an extensive food and beverage program; management of all operational aspects of the festival, site development, arts and crafts marketplace and souvenir merchandising. The staff of EMG's cumulative ability and experience with unique situations gives their clients an important edge; consistency of performance has always prevailed.
Scope of Services
- Festival Administration
- Working with Boards and Committees to identify and achieve goals. Turning priorities into attainable, measurable goals.
- Financial Forecasting, and Budgeting
- Empowerment and Team Building
- Sponsorship Procurement and Servicing – expertise in emerging sponsor benefit trends, designing and executing successful sponsorship partner programs
- Coordinating Public Relations and Marketing, Media Relations, Media Partnerships
- Creating and executing timelines
- Festival and Event Analysis
- New Festival Feasibility Studies
- Volunteer Group Utilization - effective recruitment, management, and rewarding services
- Facilitating the use of community resources
- Food Operations – Managing restaurants and food concession vendors creating a well balanced mix of quality menu items with a focus on price and portion sizes that are perceived as a good value to festivalgoers while making good business sense to the participating food vendor or restaurant
- Beverage Operations – Create and manage beverage sales and inventory program for the festival. The festival would sell the vast majority of beverage products to create the highest net profit to the festival.
- Festival Operations – electrical, internal structure, police operations, road closings, city/county governments, coordinate with street traffic operations and transit
- Coordinate with the city's licensing and permit departments for all areas of the festival.
- Cash/Ticket Operations with controls that have check and balances controls in place
- Security and Crowd Control, Crisis Management Plans
- Site Design
- Entertainment Packaging and Production
- Oversee the Carnival Midway Operations
- Special Entertainment Area
- Children's Activity Areas – Always featuring new and creative ways to entertain youth
- Merchandising and Official Product Licensing
- Managing Tradition and Change – Taking existing events to the next level
- EMG's Strength – Managing Multiple Projects, Objectives and Deadlines
- Parade Operations – Coordinate with city agencies for permits, parade route, transportation, manage float designer and float production company, coordinate costume rentals and purchases, crowd control, police and barricades, food and beverage vending along the parade route, design and manage the parade staging area.
A Taste of Colorado/Festival of Mountain and Plain (Denver, CO) 1984 to present
Parade of Lights (Denver, CO) 1997 to present
Bastille Days Festival (Milwaukee, WI) 1998 to present
RiverFest (Waukesha, WI) 1996-2005
Denver International Buskerfest (Denver, CO) 1996-2004
Michigan TasteFest (Detroit MI) 1989-1993
A Taste of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) 1983-1995
Cotton Carnival MusicFest (Memphis, TN) 1983-1987
A Taste of Chicago (Chicago, IL) 1980-1984